Three quick tips from NY Fashion Week & some powder for your wig!
There are three strong trends from NY Fashion Week that I want you to start preparing for – no need to donate these items if you’re planning a fall purge. If you’re a thrift-store shopper, keep an eye out for these items so you can make them fresh this spring.
1. Mesh! Mesh of every kind will be hot, hot, hot. This hole-y fabric looks fantastic, space-age sheer and it’s gonna be everywhere.
2. Stripes! Expect these to stay and be reworked to look more earthy and less preppy.
3. Blue By You! Layers of denim blue in patterns and prints with textured jeans and chambre fabrics.
Everyone had tousled, messy hair, both at the NYFW shows and the Chicago Bridal Shows, so I wanted to revisit my favorite tip for young-looking, voluminous hair.
Dry Shampoo has been around since the days of the powdered wig. This is certainly not new, but the results and benefits are. Using a DIY dry/powder shampoo is a fabulous way to extend the color of your hair, get more volume, help it grow longer without split ends and keep it healthy. Plus it’s super simple and cheap, cheap, cheap!!
Blend the following:
– 2 TBSP cornstarch
– 2 TBSP baking soda
– 2 TBSP arrowroot (if you have it)
– 2 TBSP cocoa powder (for brunette hair only)
– 10 drops of your favorite essential oil for aroma and a yummy smell.
Add your mixture to a salt/sugar shaker, part your hair in 1″ rows and shake. Once you’ve dusted your whole head, rub the powder into your scalp for a ‘not so perfect’ look with lots of volume.
This whole process will take you less than 10 minutes and costs less than $1 if you have the ingredients currently in your kitchen. This can save you over $20 when compared to the hair powders and “magic hair dust” currently on the market.
You’ll love the results and the saving.
You can do it!